Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Holidays!

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, except for Nin and her mouse.

The stockings were hung on the bookcase with care,
In hopes that The Nin would not get too near.

Shanae was nestled all snug in her bed,
While visions of military men danced in her head; and

I in “La La Land”, snoozing to the wave sounds app.
was just settling down for a long vacation nap.

When out in the family room there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the room I wheeled like a flash,
Threw open the door and rolled over the trash. 

The tree with its light shimmered so nice in the room
It gave a glow of beauty for a second it over shadowed the  "BOOM!"

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a floor full of wrapping paper and one large de-stuffed deer.

And a little Black Lab looking so cute, “Oh, that Nin!”
I knew in a moment it had happened again!

She had ripped open the gifts, each and every one.
She had chewed on the cables and ate all the gum.

Now the Wii games, the DVD's the toothbrushes, were all cracked,
The make- up, the pants and the socks now looked like they lacked.
  
The bookcase had been downed, the candy was eaten
And she looked a bit tired but clearly not beaten.

She had a big smile, her ears were all perked
And she seemed quite content like she does before going berserk.

A stocking she held firm, tight in her jaw
And it was looking like she was trying to find her next gnaw.

It took but a minute for her to notice me enter
And then dropped that old stocking and ran behind the old printer.

Then trying to sneak off into her bed
to ensure at that moment I did not kill her dead.

She closed her eyes quickly and began to fake snore,
She knew she was leaving me with a rather large chore.

My Nin, indead very frustrating, had left quite a mess
But, I knew in my heart she was just but a young pest 

With trash can close by and reacher in hand,
I tried not to think that next year her Christmas be banned.

I cleaned up all the mess, and returned the stockings back,
I folded the clothes and grabbed the boxes to be packed.

I worked mighty quickly, maybe Shanae would not wake,
I headed to my room broken presents I'd take.

Then saw Nin in her corner covered with candy and sap,
And I just knew she was getting things sticky as she continued to nap.

As I bent down slowly to pull the candy from her fur,
she let me know her contentment by giving a slight purr.

Now ready for bed, I turned out the lights, and whispered so softly,

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."


Happy Holidays!

Krista

&
         Nin

Night before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore adapted by Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment